04 July, 2008

Door Closes, Another Opens

Well, dear reader(s): Fair Trade Day came and went, and while I celebrated it with a Fair Trade Coffee Break, I broke my promise and didn't post anything about Fair Trade, a sweet subject close to my heart. As you may know, living green is a lifestyle choice for me, and it has been my ideal to live keenly, living greenly. I have endeavored to eek out a living while returning to school employing my eco-values, and one of these endeavors has come to an end. My home business, selling Miessence Certified Organics products has come to a close and my dreams of someday opening up my urban vegetarian organic cafe must be put on the shelf. In all honesty, I hadn't actively engaged in my business since my move from Wessie to Sacramento, but I was hoping that once I became settled in my new place, adjusted to my job and school schedule that I'd somehow find the time to sell these wonderful products. However, it hasn't been the case, and rather than do a poor to mediocre job at all these things, I've decided to streamline my focus, and put my side home business to rest. For all of you who have faithfully supported me and my green ambitions, I thank-you.

Which brings me to this blog, which I'd like to continue, and focus on all the green matters of my heart, like organics, farmer's markets, healthy cooking, victory gardens, alternative transportation, recycling, recycling, recycling. I hope to post at least a blog entry a week, and perhaps find some contributors to share their vida verde. We shall see. Stay tuned.

No comments: